I’m going to be creating a comprehensive list of appblrs in the next two weeks. If you want your name on the list, please fill out at least the first two questions on this form by September 28, 2014. Please also reblog to spread the word about the form.
There are optional questions about scores, extracurriculars, and your first pick school as well. If you’re interested in answering those, it would help me gather data about our increasingly nebulous community.
Thanks for your help and your part in our system!
does anyone have any advice on not getting hooked on your dream school too much? there are other schools that i like too obviously but they just don’t have everything that i want and they just don’t /fit/ the way my dream school does which only makes me like it more and im honestly just scared of feeling disgusting if/when i get rejected…
- stop comparing scores, grades, ec’s, pretty much everything. don’t ask people what their scores were! you will either gloat or feel bad about yourself. just don’t do it.
- reading makes you happy! reading novels is the best thing you do and you forget to do it! stop forgetting! read! read!
- go to bed before 10:30 every night
- reduce stress-related procrastination. practice calming down, sitting down, and doing your work, instead of manically power-walking around your house to nicki minaj
- remember that you are smart, usually nice, and absolutely capable of kicking ass in school
- drink more water, eat breakfast, & pack lunch
- spend 20 minutes writing / drawing in your journal every night. you will feel like a pulitzer prize winning author / fernando botero if you do this. it will be great.
- reread number 5
- do more work on the weekends
- reread number 8